On the off chance that you have dry, irritated eyes, you may make a beeline for the drugstore to get some eye drops. Only a speedy excursion, you think, until you end up remaining before unending racks of choices. With all the various kinds out there, does it make a difference which you pick?
Truly, it unquestionably does. You utilize various sorts of drops to treat various issues, like allergies vs. dry eyes. What’s more, inappropriate ones may aggravate your side effects Augentropfen trockene Augen.
- Generally, there are three principal types of eye drops:
- Counterfeit tears
- Allergy drops
- Hostile to redness drops
Some eye drops may do a mix of things, however, in the event that you comprehend these fundamental kinds, you’ll realize how to pick astutely.
You may likewise see some normal, homeopathic, or natural eye drops. For the most part, there’s simply not a great deal of proof about how well these truly work.
When to utilize them. Artificial tears are your go-to drops for dry eyes. Their fundamental employment is to keep the outside of your eyes decent and damp.
What’s in them. They attempt to impersonate genuine tears, yet notably, truly muddled. So different brands utilize diverse blends of fixings, for example,
- Greases to keep your eyes damp (every single counterfeit tear will have a few)
- Electrolytes, similar to sodium and potassium, which can help recuperate the outside of your eye
- Guar gum, found in increasingly sleek drops. It very well may be a major assistance in the event that you get dry eyes in light of the fact that your destroys dry rapidly.
- Additives to shield microscopic organisms from developing in the container of drops
- You may need to attempt various brands to see which one works best for your eyes.
Watch out for additives. Counterfeit tears with them can be extraordinary in light of the fact that they’re regularly less expensive. In any case, for certain individuals, they can aggravate dry eyes. A few people are adversely affected by additives, and others may find that they bother their eyes.
At the point when you’re searching for additive-free eye drops, note that they don’t come in the run of the mill eye drop bottle. You, for the most part, discover them in single-use vials. You snap the top off, put the drops in, and toss out the vial. They additionally will, in general, be more costly than different sorts.